With due respect I would like to inform you that I am a candidate for IEEE Women in Engineering Committee Chair-Elect, 2022
After volunteering in IEEE for more than 20 years (WIE, section, society, region, and globe), I feel myself ready to serve for the greater goals of IEEE and WIE Members given the opportunity provided by the valued members. My vision is to enhance collaboration between WIE AGs and other OUs, such as councils, sections/ subsections, student branches, YP and SIGHT Affinity groups with the purpose to enhance WIE member engagement in academia and industry, technical skill development, promote research and innovation, women social entrepreneurship, WIE membership growth and retention, and ensure recognition and representations of women in leadership positions in all OUs.
This will also help IEEE WIE leadership to hear the voice of the contributory volunteers from all levels who can be promoted further for future leadership to higher levels of IEEE WIE, Regions and beyond (MGA, TAB, SA, EAB, HAC, NIC, History Committee etc) thus creating a more vibrant and stronger IEEE WIE and increasing the visibility of IEEE WIE leadership globally.
If elected, my priorities will be:
- Elevating Program Values: Popularizing/introducing/emphasizing STAR, Distinguished Lecturer, Fellow Elevation Drives to ensure their qualifications for leadership.
- Enhancing Recognition: Launching WIE DAY, Humans of WIE, more award nominations and visibility of WIE accomplishments in TA Spotlight, The Institute, IEEE WIE Magazine, etc.
- Encouraging Industry-Academia Conclave: Promoting Corporate Membership development and retention for solving real life problems.
- Incubating Humanitarian Projects-Product Design: Boosting WIE Social Entrepreneurship.
- Launching Mentor-Mentee Technical Programs: Designing Mentor-Mentee activities involving multiple OUs for WIE membership growth and retention.
- Building Capacity: For organization of more quality society Flagship conferences involving 10 Regions.
For more information about me, please visit my
Campaign Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CeliaIEEE1/
Linkedin Page: https://bd.linkedin.com/in/celia-shahnaz-888ba6130
Personal Facebook Profile: https://www.facebook.com/celia.shahnaz
I will be highly obliged, if you kindly forward my message to your known contacts having IEEE and WIE membership status Graduate Students or higher.
I fervently wish that I will get your support to achieve success in the election.
“The opinions expressed herein are the opinions of the author and not necessarily the opinions of IEEE.”